Regional Service Commission 11 - PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
OFFICE PROCEDURES DURING COVID-19
Upon the recommendation of New Brunswick’s Chief Medical Officer of Health aimed at limiting the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Regional Service Commission 11 can only receive people who have made an appointment.
To make an appointment for Planning Services, please call or email.
How does Planning, Development & Inspection Services Continue During Covid-19?
Regional Service Commission 11 remains committed to delivering services while maintaining measures to provide a safe and healthy environment for staff, our municipal and provincial partners and our clients. Although direct contact will be restricted at this time, we are overcoming this challenge with a few modifications from how the service would traditionally be delivered.
The following measures have been put in place for continued service delivery:
• Staff are practicing social distancing measures to continue to process all requests and answer your planning and development questions;
• Anyone wishing to seek services or ask general questions can continue to do so through phone, email or fax as a preferred method; however, we are open to the public following public health measures;
• Information is preferred to be submitted electronically – this allows for quick and easy distribution of information among necessary staff and further reduces delays in the process;
• Permits and approvals will be issued electronically and emailed. Those that cannot be processed through email will be mailed through Canada Post or by other arrangements made in consultation with the individual client and staff;
• For those that are unable to submit electronic information, the Planning & Development office will remain as a document drop-off and pick-up location.
As many traditional service delivery methods have been impacted by restrictions surrounding social contact, we would like to reassure you that we are continuing to work towards improving and finding solutions to these restrictions. Regular updates will be provided as we modify and improve our service delivery.
Regional Service Commission 11 (RSC11) provides building inspection, development, and planning services to areas of New Brunswick within our jurisdiction on behalf of the Minister of Environment and Local Government.
For more information about Regional Service Commission 11, please contact our office located in Fredericton. Throughout New Brunswick, a total of 12 Regional Service Commissions are responsible for providing building, development and planning services to municipalities and unincorporated areas of the province.
Throughout New Brunswick, a total of 12 Regional Service Commissions are responsible for providing building, development and planning services to municipalities and unincorporated areas of the province.
The RSC11′s mandate is derived from Section 7(2) of the Community Planning Act, and includes:
preparing, administering, and enforcing Rural Plans and Zoning;